How will I receive the contract, now that I’ve booked you?
- You will receive the contract online immediately upon booking with us
- There is a 20% retainer due immediately upon invoice.
What is the payment process like?
- After signing the contract there’s a 20% non-refundable retainer. The reason this is non-refundable is that the retainer reserves the date for you–we’re making a commitment to work with you that day and not book anything at the same time. The rest of the payment is due the week before the wedding.
- Check or cash is preferred! You are also able to pay online. For more information about this, please see our Pricing page (ADD LINK)
Do you accept payments in installations?
- Yes, up until the week before the wedding
How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
- Megan has been shooting weddings for 4 years, and doing it as a full-time career for 2 years. Allen has assisted Megan since the beginning, and he will become a full partner, shooting with her on everything in early 2018.
Can we see the full galleries of a few of your recent weddings?
- Selections of our favorite shots from weddings and engagements are available on our blog, and we encourage you to check it out! There’s a diverse range of couples, ceremonies, budgets, and celebrations. Full galleries are also available on request.
Will you tour my venue with me if you haven’t been there before?
- Yes, we are happy to meet with you at your venue and talk through the ceremony and photography ideas!
- Is your wedding taking place outside of California? That’s no problem–our bags are packed and we are always ready for an adventure! Though we do charge for travel, this will all be discussed with you upfront, so there are no hidden costs. And because we’re both from Florida, we don’t charge for travel there.
How would you describe your style?
- We favor a mix of traditional shots and unposed or candid photos that capture moments as they are happening. Because we want your photos to feel authentic to you and your partner, we try to keep as true to life as we can. Our editing is meant to enhance the images, not completely change them, focusing on warmth and actual colors.
How would you describe your working style?
- We call ourselves wedding sidekicks because we want to be there for you on your special day in whatever capacity you need us. We can be as present as you want us to be while protecting the intimacy of you and your partner.
- Every couple is different, so we work differently on a case-by-case basis! Some couples know exactly what they want and are happy to direct us, where other couples want the photographers to take charge. Because we have extensive theater directing experience and performance experience, we have no problem taking charge in a group situation and moving people around as needed to create the images you want with as little stress to you as possible. We pride ourselves on being able to see and anticipate issues before they occur so you can focus on the magic of the moment while we handle the details.
What gear do you shoot with?
- We use high-end, top of the line Nixon equipment with lenses for every situation and off-camera flash.
How many images will I get?
- For every hour of coverage, you will receive about 75-100 images, Please note that this is a rough estimate and numbers may vary.
When will I receive the images? How will they be delivered?
- You will receive your images 3 to 4 weeks after the wedding/engagement shoot/photography session. Images are delivered as an online gallery that you can download straight to your computer. The gallery is available for 2 weeks, after which point there would be a fee for us to re-upload and give you access again. If you prefer, we are happy to provide a USB with images for a charge.
What is your cancellation policy?
- For any cancellations, we keep the initial 20% deposit. If you have been making additional payments, the rest of the amount will be returned to you.
Do you have liability insurance?
- Yes, we have liability insurance for the whole business.
What happens if you need to cancel suddenly due to an emergency? Is there a backup plan if you are unable to shoot my wedding?
- If an emergency means that one of us can’t be there (for example, Allen has pneumonia) then the other will still be there shooting with a replacement second shooter to make sure your wedding gets the same amount of attention, care, and excellent coverage.
- In the event that BOTH of us can’t be there, which would only be in a situation of greatest emergency (a death in the family, etc.) we will reach out to our extensive contact network and find someone to cover, usually within an hour of asking. This has never happened in all of our years of shooting, and we are hopeful that it never will!
How will you be dressed?
- Megan wears a black or solid colored jumper. Allen wears dark colors and a button-down shirt. However, we are happy to match the tone of your wedding as long as it allows us to do the work (freedom of movement) and doesn’t cost us anything to do so.
Will you be posting about our wedding on your website and social media? Will you be submitting our photos to magazines or blogs?
- Yes, we post all of our shoots’ best images in a brief blog post on our website and share on our social media. We submit photos to magazines and other blogs on a case-by-case basis. If this is a concern for you, we are happy to discuss in more detail.
Can we get all the raw files?
- No, we don’t give people all the raw files of their photos because the raw photos don’t accurately represent our work. Think of photos we give you as a work of art, where unedited photos are much more similar to a blank canvas.
Who has rights to the images?
- We own all the rights. You are buying the images and can use them however you want, except to sell them.